frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

change the program to replace the Step Motor?

edited May 2017 in SlushEngine

" SlushEngine model D "
I am interested in this product.
We have already ordered and have not received the shipment yet.
How do you change the program to replace the Step Motor?
For example, what changes should I make to replace motor No. 6 with mame 17 motors?

Comments

• Hey Ktek,

For normal NEMA 17 motors you dont need to change anything in your program. The software is designed to handle NEMA 17 by default.

If you do indent to use other motors there are two different that need to be changed to use the motor to its maximum potential.

motor.setOverCurrent(2000)
    motor.setMicroSteps(16)
    motor.setCurrent(70, 90, 100, 100)

Those settings are just and example. It will be different for each motor. The parameter over current is in units (mA) this should be set to about 200mA higher than your motors rating.

The setCurrent function is a unit-less function that sets the power going to the motor. It is good to start at all settings 20 and experiment by increasing the values. You need to make sure that your motor is not skipping steps or getting to hot.

• Thank you for your answer.
    I'm a beginner, so I don't understand.
    Which files do you want to modify?
    Do you change the file below?
    https://github.com/Roboteurs/slushengine/blob/master/Slush/Motor.py
    Please let me know easily how to change it.

• Hi,
    Good afternoon or days as appropriate.
    Where and how can I change the current for each motor? Which file should be edited? By the way, if I connect two motors in the same driver, should I set the current as the sum of the currents of the two motors? (for example if I connect two motors of 3a I must make sure that at most, the driver delivered 6a). Greetings and thank you very much