frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Base motor mount doesn't fit

Hello all,

Just received my kit and started printing all the parts so still a long way to go but I wanted to point out this mistake before anyone else prints the incorrect parts. Maybe we can get an update on the STL file in the repo, once I change it myself I will post an updated one myself here.

What the issue is that in my kit I received a motor which doesn't have a wire coming out of it but it has a connector, nothing wrong with that, I actually prefer this type of motors, but the base motor mount is designed for a motor with a wire coming out of it. Since the slot is too small I can't fit the motor inside with the connector not clearing the opening meant for a wire.

Comments

• Update:

I modified the file really quick but haven't printed it yet. I think it should be good to go, will throw it on the printer once the current print finishes. I also added some chamfers on top of the mount to make it look a little nicer (at least for me).

Will post some pics once I get this done.

SW part file

STL file

PS
    Does anyone know how to attach larger files???