frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IO pins, and stepper motor position

Hello! I am using the slushengine model D, actually the the rbx1 robot arm.
First, I want to track the position of each part of the arm, so I decided to use potentiometer on each joint, but I don't know can those input pins read the analog values of potentiometers? if they can, what positive voltage should I add on them, 3.3, 5, or 12 V?
And, what are the pinouts of these IO pins? I didn't find information clearly showing each pin's function.

And I have a problem with the stepper motors (or maybe other mechanical parts). some segments work stably when they are going to one direction, but then, when they are moving backwards, the motion is no longer smooth, and they make some clatter noise. At the same time, these segments would rotates only a little bit, while they should moved a significant angle. I am not sure what is wrong with it.

Thank you! I am doing a school project, and I must finish it as soon as possible.

Comments

• One the Model D there are 4 analog inputs. These can be used to sense voltages from 3.3v to 0 v.

Are you using a 24V power supply? You issue with the motor noise could be a few things.
    * Power supply is not adequate (if its the supplied power supply you should be fine)
    * The Current settings on the motor are to low (check the motor.setCurrent() function)
    * The wires may not be connected very well.