frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Issues with instruction manual...

I've noticed a few errors within the instruction manual. Firstly, the eight bearings on the upper section of the Base will not function correctly if thin washers are not placed between the printed part and the inner face of the bearing. The inner bearing face cannot sit directly against the Base, as it will bind when the bolt is lightly tightened. I used 0.5mm washers to ensure the bearings rotated freely.

The text relating to the shaft for the Wrist Assembly reads 80mm but should read 8mm.

The length of T5 belt for the Forearm reads 70 Tooth, but this is incorrect (way too short). I cut the belt to 70 teeth but then realised it was too short! Whilst I haven't completed the build yet and obviously not tensioned the belt but I believe the number of teeth for the Wrist Gear should be 86, not 70.

The Wrist assembly also doesn't allow for the cable/connection to feed through the slots in the printed part, as the small PCB connector on the stepper motor fouls on the inside face of the part (the five slots). Consequently, I had to remove a section of the slots to allow the motor's connector and cable to pass through.

Comments